Tadousac 112267

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Unknown
dc.coverage.spatial Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.coverage.temporal 1905 - 1920 en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2011-04-28T17:30:05Z
dc.date.available 2011-04-28T17:30:05Z
dc.date.issued 2011-04-28
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/170549
dc.description The "Tadousac" was built at Wilmington, Delaware in 1879. She was built of iron and was of 1701 gross tons. Originally known as the "Virginia," she plied the Chesapeake route between Norfolk and Baltimore. She grounded in the rapids numerous times off Richmond. She was sold in 1900 and chartered to the Joy Line in 1902. The following year, she was sold to the Richelieu and Ontario Navigation Company for service on the St. Lawrence River. She ran with her old vessel mate of the Chesapeake days, the "Carolina." She later became the "Murray Bay." In 1905, the "Virginia" was named the "Tadousac," which in 1920 was changed to "Cape Diamond." She was last owned by Sorel Mechanical Shops. She was beached, scrapped, and off the registry December 31, 1937. en_US
dc.relation.ispartof Baus - 13 en_US
dc.subject Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.subject Great Lakes (North America) - Navigation - History en_US
dc.title Tadousac 112267 en_US
dc.type Image en_US
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.contributor.repository Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2489.B.13.14.25.1.JPG 293.4Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record