Dalhousie City 130312 (Canadian)

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Unknown
dc.coverage.spatial Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.coverage.temporal 1911 - 1960 en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2012-01-03T18:41:30Z
dc.date.available 2012-01-03T18:41:30Z
dc.date.issued 2012-01-03
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/181554
dc.description Transporting passengers from Toronto to popular summer recreation areas and carrying fresh fruit from the Niagara Pennisula was good business for the Niagara, St. Catherines, and Toronto Navigation Company. The company ordered the "Dalhousie City" from the Collingwood Shipbuilding Company, Collingwood, Ontario, Canada. She was launched June 24, 1911. She was modified just before 1920. Bilge keels were added to prevent the ship's rolling in a heavy sea, and her propellor was redesigned to increase her speed. She was sold in 1950 to the Lake Shore Lines, renamed the "Island King II and used as an excursion ship around Montreal. She burned November 14, 1960 at Lachine, Quebec. en_US
dc.relation.ispartof Baus - 13 en_US
dc.title Dalhousie City 130312 (Canadian) en_US
dc.type Image en_US
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.contributor.repository Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2557.B.13.15.19.1.JPG 284.9Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record