South Dock

Show full item record

Why is this item not displaying? 
Title: South Dock
Author: Niebergall, Ernst
Description: Stone docks on Kelleys Island were constructed to support narrow-gauge rail tracks so that Shay steam locomotives could pull flat cars of quarried stone to the bins at the end of the structure. Stone was funneled through chutes into waiting barges or freighters. In the early days, stone was loaded onto vessels by horse-drawn wagons from an elevated platform, through aprons or chutes lying on either side.
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/1540
Date: 1910 - 1918

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
68732q84.jpg 1.635Mb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record