"Viking" (224430)

Show full item record

Why is this item not displaying? 
Title: "Viking" (224430)
Author: Unknown
Description: The “Ann Arbor No. 7” was built in 1925 by the Manitowoc Shipbuilding Co. of Manitowoc, Wisconsin. From 1925 until 1975, she was owned by the Ann Arbor Railroad Co. of Frankfort, Michigan. She was rebuilt by Fraser-Nelson Shipyards of Superior, WI, in the winter of 1964-1965. Her name was changed to “Viking” in 1965. The rebuild transformed the vessel to a railroad carferry that carried freight cars, automobiles, and passengers between Frankfort, MI and Kewaunee and Manitowoc, WI. In 1975, John M. Chase, Jr. Trustee, of Dearborn, MI, took ownership of the vessel.
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/185725

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2806.FR2.2.8.1.JPG 361.8Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record